Lobby Signs: Determining When and Why Lobby Signs Are The Right Choice For Your Business
Determining the appropriate signage for your business requires careful analysis. Purchasing signage is an investment for your business, and as a large investment, you want to make sure you choose the size and style that best suits your needs. Examining your business needs and goals, first and foremost, is imperative in determining the right sign options to accomplish your goals.
While every business has unique needs, there are some hard and fast rules for the use of certain sign types. Vital Signs USA is a leading interior and exterior signage service providing options for all of your signage needs. Vital Signs USA can provide expertise, assistance, design and installation of your business’s signs, including lobby signs.
What are lobby signs?
Lobby signs, or reception area signs, can benefit every kind of organization or company. Lobby signs are an excellent way to make better use of bland, bare walls in your entrance or reception areas. Rather than bare walls or unremarkable artwork, use lobby signs to invite customers and inform them about who you are. Lobby signs provide an inviting environment for customers and clients, whether your business is a salon, office, auto dealership, or retail store. Whatever enterprise your business is, Vital Signs USA can fulfill your lobby signs needs.
Vital Signs USA uses PVC, wood, metal, and acrylic materials in the construction of lobby signs. And, by using high-speed routers, Vital Signs USA is able to cut these materials to any shape or size to perfectly match your current branding.
Types of lobby signs
Some of Vital Signs USA’s most popular types of lobby signs include:
- Acrylic Letters – Acrylic letters are known for being crisp, shiny, and dressy. They are available in a wide array of standard colors, or they can be custom painted to match your branding. There are a couple mounting methods based on the effect you want. Vital Signs USA can either flush mount the letters or stand them off the wall for a dimensional effect.
- Metal Letters – Aluminum is typically used for metal letters. These letters can be routed to precisely match the font of your other marketing materials. Another option is metal laminate, which is a cheaper alternative that has the same effect as an all-metal sign.
- Illuminated Lobby Signs – This is a new offering that is growing in popularity due to the huge impact it has. These back-lit lobby signs give off a feeling of innovation and elegance. LED lights are used for illuminated lobby signs.
- Lobby Plaques – Lobby plaques are most commonly acrylic, but can also be frosted to provide an opaque background, which is particularly useful when hiding wall defects. Graphics can be printed vinyl or dimensional (acrylic or metal) or a combination of both. Plaques are mounted to the wall with studs and custom screw covers which add to the plaque’s elegance. Plaques can also be removed and relocated more easily than individual letters, which is less damaging to the wall.
In addition to lettering, Vital Signs USA can also render your company logo or other graphics in all of the above materials.
Lobby signs are a great investment for your business if you wish to:
- Make consumers feel comfortable and welcome
Visitors and customers of your business should feel immediately comfortable, which is difficult to accomplish with stark, barren walls. Ensure the comfort of your clients and visitors by making use of lobby signs in your reception area to provide a warm and welcoming environment.
- Display your business slogans or mottos
What is your business about? Make sure visitors and clients know exactly who you are and what you do by making use of lobby signs to display business slogans, mottos, and even your logo. This is a unique branding opportunity and is informative for your visitors.
- Provide a visual representation of the areas you serve
Your business is multi-faceted, and consumers should know all that you do. Providing a visual representation of the different areas your business serves can provide an aesthetically pleasing reception area that educates your visitors about all aspects of your brand.
- Set your individual office or suite apart from the other tenants
Do you share office space? Use lobby signs to set your business apart from others on your floor or in your building. Your business is distinct, so make sure you don’t blend into the background, especially if the neighboring businesses you share space with have their own lobby signs in place.
- Provide directional cues
Lobby signs can serve the important function of providing directional cues to different areas of your store or office. This is especially important if you have multiple rooms, offices, or departments to direct visitors or customers to. Don’t let your customers get lost in a maze!
- Display accolades
You’ve worked hard and earned accolades and awards, and your customers should know it. Use lobby signs to display your accomplishments prominently. It gives credibility to your business, and it’s a conversation starter with potential clients.
The bottom line
If lobby signage is the right sign style for your business’s needs, Vital Signs USA can work with you as the premier sign provider and installer in the Chicago area. Vital Signs USA works with clients locally, regionally, and nationally. Vital Signs USA can help design the right lobby and reception signs to meet your needs, and then build and install them for you too!